Is IGCSE harder than SPM?
We have many Malaysian asking this question “Is IGCSE Mathematics harder compared to SPM Mathematics?” and let me layout the pros and cons both IGCSE Math and SPM Math. If you are good in SPM Math, we doubt students should worry about IGCSE. The question in IGCSE is very similar to SPM Math. So …. what is the difference ?
IGCSE Math vs SPM Math
- 70% of the questions are straight forward. Requiring simple and basic mathematics.
- 30% of the questions are focus on critical thinking.
- The IGCSE focus on larger learning scope. Students learn a lot of chapters but” they do not learn in depth”
- SPM students learn lesser topics but the mathematics are in-depth. Question is definately tougher because a few of its topics overlaps with Additional Math.
Pros of IGCSE
- Easy to PASS, but really tough to get the A- Star
- Easy to study and it is more fun
Cons of IGCSE
- Students just learn the basic and they tend to forget a lot because the scope is wider
- IGCSE working exercises are really expensive. It is a burn in pocket. The cost of the books will be RM 40 but the Answer Book can cost you RM 200. A very ridiculous fees to pay just to peek at the answer.
HOW CAN STUDENTS LEARN IGCSE MATH AND SCORE WELL IN EXAM?
ANSWER IS SIMPLE:
By engaging our online class, my company assures you that we will cover all the syllabus and prep you for the IGCSE. We will need 3 months Standard Class + 1 Month Mock exam class to help you to score well in exam.